Advice on new mix

Not too much to mix, those are the best kind. :)

The vocal changes quite a bit in the chorus, mostly panning, in a way that doesn't quite seem purposeful? The left/right slow panning was a little distracting too, I wonder if it might not sound better to have at least the guitar anchored in one place. If you're looking to widen the guitar's image maybe some other effect would work better, a chorus maybe. Maybe try the vocal with just a little shelf up high, I feel like there's some breath I wanna hear.

Nice performances!

Just wondering who the employers are and what the job description is...
If it's for live vocals of any kind then this is fine. It does show a few flaws in pitch here and there so they will know it's not tuned.
It's a little grainy for me vocally, and I'd look at trimming back the gain if it were me to get more clarity. Overall great performance by all.
Depends of course on the target for this....:D:D:D:D

I was noticing the weird panning too.

I'm noticing a lot of "air" on the vocal track when she's not singing. You might want to trim/gate the dead space closer to her passages (or not at all; the change is worse than the sound is)

Not too much to mix, those are the best kind. :)

The vocal changes quite a bit in the chorus, mostly panning, in a way that doesn't quite seem purposeful? The left/right slow panning was a little distracting too, I wonder if it might not sound better to have at least the guitar anchored in one place. If you're looking to widen the guitar's image maybe some other effect would work better, a chorus maybe. Maybe try the vocal with just a little shelf up high, I feel like there's some breath I wanna hear.

Nice performances!

Yeah, get rid of the back and forth panning. Maybe drop the vocals back just a touch. And I mean A TOUCH. Both of you did an excellent job. Very nice.

I thought the performances were nice.

It's a simple, intimate song. But it was mixed like it was like it was a Van Halen song. Very heavily compressed, and it has a big stereo reverb.

I'd back way off the compression/limiting. I'd use a small, mono reverb on both the vocal and guitar. I'd use something like a small room or ambiance reverb.

Too much verb for me. Song-wise, there were some phrasing parts i'd reconsider. This could be very good though.

Back