Acoustic soundtrack

WhiteStrat

Don't stare at the eye.
I couple weeks ago I posted a little 48 second acoustic dittie that I did just to decompress in the midst of other projects. Well just 2 days later, I was approached and asked to create a short, acoustic, earthy little soundtrack (I mean real short) for a promo video/commercial.

I thought the timing was too fortuitous; the 48 second dittie was just what he was describing. I re-recorded it and fleshed it out to follow the commercial this weekend. It's gonna be on the web, so I'll post a link to the client's site when he adds the music, but for now, here's the soundtrack:

In The Hunt

very nice playing..got nowt else, perfect..I think Ill have another coffee and watch the clouds go by...aahhhh

peace ;)

Nice job overall WhiteStrat. I like the guitar tones, and the playing was very tight.

I'm just getting into this type of thing (incidental music) myself (my latest post on the mp3 clinic), and it's a lot of fun.

Hope your client is pleased. :)

That's some nice acoustic you're playing there, Bob.;)
How do you manage to record it so clean? Lovely chord changes. Recording sounds perfect to me.

Joey :):):):)

Really, really, really sweet sounding guitar. Very nicely played. Is that natural room reverb, or did you add it later. I love the rich tone of the guitar. How'd you do it? Details on guitar, mics, technique. Pretty please:D

how did you keep it so quiet between the notes and chords? really well recorded. excellent tracking

Man, when the flute came in, I thought it was gonna' bust into "Can't You See," by the Marshall Tucker Band, LOL!!! That almost has to be in the same key.

Really nice track and mix. The reverb is definitely fake, but it's nice...what is it?

Man, when the flute came in, I thought it was gonna' bust into "Can't You See," by the Marshall Tucker Band, LOL!!! That almost has to be in the same key.

Really nice track and mix. The reverb is definitely fake, but it's nice...what is it?

Man--I'm surprised you're the first with the Marshall Tucker comment--guess it's our age...

Yep, verb is fake. CSR (classic studio reverb)--the Hall variety, they have 3 or 4.

Thanks to all for the kind words. I'll jump back on later tonight to talk shop about the mechanics of the recording.

I'm "only" 27, and I thought you were doing a Marshall Tucker cover too.

Excellent job (as always) on the recording. I can't wait to see the technical side laid out for us!

Hey guys--thanks for the interest and the comments. It's cool to have some ears around that appreciate it. No offense to my client--but he won't hear what you did!

I sat down to answer the questions about the recording and ended up going a bit nuts. I wrote a freakin manifesto on recording acoustic guitar. I posted it in the the Recording Techniques forum:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=290919

The acoustic is beautiful in this piece. I'll read your manifesto.

Yup, I heard Marshall Tucker, too. But they are a great influence and if you can strech this out for another 20 minutes..... :D

Acoustic sounds great strat. Nice recording.

First thing I heard was Marshall Tucker band. Same progression and notes, and the flute really takes it there.

The only thing I know Marshall is the amps so its all good with me. :D Great work. Beautiful sound.

Last edited:
Acoustic sounds great strat. Nice recording.

First thing I heard was Marshall Tucker band. Same progression and notes, and the flute really takes it there.

Is it the same progression, too? I don't even own any Marshall Tucker--just memories of them on the radio from when I was a kid. I certainly "heard" them when I added the flute, but I didn't know the progression was the same.

I wouldn't be surprised, though. I once went sleepless for like 3 days writing a killer song--then I realized it was Hotel California by the Eagles.

So I took a nap.

I loved the recording... I would have had the song start when the flute starts (you wanted my opinion yes?) but i really liked it. Great recording...

Back