21st century boy

Not bad queepy. A little louder and cleaner main vocal would be good. It's a little light in the bottom. Very midrangey. No kick presence.

yup vocals are masked...like the vibe in this, got a real sneer to it..

it all sounds like its under too much reverb or just not glued, maybe some compression across the whole track??...guitar sounds good, bass is very good...kicks low

all on my internet PC mind you....love the solo bit, sounds almost middle eastern??!!

good job :)

Ha, I thought this would be a cover of Marc Bolan (one of my favourite songs of all time, Marc Bolan rocked....;))
But I'm pleasantly surprised, this is wonderful, such a great hookline, it's pure Queepy. Man, you are some songwriter, when I listen to your stuff, I forget all about the technical side because your songs are so unique. This like something Bowie would have written around the Aladdin Sane period, amazing......I love it and that's all!:)

Ha! Sounds awesome queepy. Love this one. The vocals sound almost like they have some distortion on them, which, while odd, I kinda like. Like the vocals performance on this too...your voice fits this particular one quite well.

Love the pitch-shifty solo!

Bass sounds great, yet there's something missing in the bottom end...kick?

Nice one! :)

Last edited:
Great tune!

What some of the others have said.

Vocals need up,

mo bottom

very cool tune just needs some polish on the mix

Queeps,
the Bolan title did give me pause.
Did you do a high pass on the bass? I reckon it needs to 50+ks returned.
This reminds me of a couple of loud n snotty tracks from the poppier end of '77 punk. IF you threw in swirling keys it'd be a bit Rattus Norvigus too! (I guess the toppy bass, sneered vox & slashing chords do that too!).
VERY cool - keep working on it.
In the words of the paddy man - "Rice one dude!"

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I posted this right before heading out for a weekend fishing trip in Northen MI.....so thats why Im late in replying...here goes:D

Greg_L Not bad queepy. A little louder and cleaner main vocal would be good. It's a little light in the bottom. Very midrangey. No kick presence.
Agree about the level of vox...I did actually want to get a slightly distorted almost megaphone type effect on the lead vocal..kinda like STP has on some of there songs...not were I want it yet...worked on the lo-end and will post my new mix later this afternoon...thanks for checking it!

kcearl yup vocals are masked...like the vibe in this, got a real sneer to it..
it all sounds like its under too much reverb or just not glued, maybe some compression across the whole track??...guitar sounds good, bass is very good...kicks low
all on my internet PC mind you....love the solo bit, sounds almost middle eastern??!!
good job

Thanks kcearl, I think I have the vocals in a better place on my new mix, as well as the bass drum...I did 5 different tracks of the guitar solo, playing each track in a different octave to get that effect...I kinda dig it ! Thanks for listening!

joeym Ha, I thought this would be a cover of Marc Bolan (one of my favourite songs of all time, Marc Bolan rocked....)But I'm pleasantly surprised, this is wonderful, such a great hookline, it's pure Queepy. Man, you are some songwriter, when I listen to your stuff, I forget all about the technical side because your songs are so unique. This like something Bowie would have written around the Aladdin Sane period, amazing......I love it and that's all!
Hey Joey...I'm a little leery on the title myself...my friend wrote the lyrics and titled it ...so that's that i guess....I'm a Marc Bolan fan myself (check out my cover of "The Slider" http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=2582326&q=hi :p)....and the Aladdin Sane drop put a huuge smile on my face...Love that album...thanks Joey, really appreciate the props man!!

heatmiser Ha! Sounds awesome queepy. Love this one. The vocals sound almost like they have some distortion on them, which, while odd, I kinda like. Like the vocals performance on this too...your voice fits this particular one quite well.
Love the pitch-shifty solo!
Bass sounds great, yet there's something missing in the bottom end...kick?
Nice one!

Thanks HM! Yeah goin' for the megaphoned, AM radio sound on the vox...kinda missed the target...but think I can work with the effect I'm gettin' on them...my new mix address's that kick..will post it this afternoon...thanks man!

TAE Great tune!
What some of the others have said.
Vocals need up,
mo bottom
very cool tune just needs some polish on the mix

Thanks TAE...worked on all the issues mentioned...will post what I have this afternoon...thanks for the feedback!!

dodgeaspen Cool tune.
Thanks!!!:D\

rayc Queeps,the Bolan title did give me pause.
Did you do a high pass on the bass? I reckon it needs to 50+ks returned.
This reminds me of a couple of loud n snotty tracks from the poppier end of '77 punk. IF you threw in swirling keys it'd be a bit Rattus Norvigus too! (I guess the toppy bass, sneered vox & slashing chords do that too!).
VERY cool - keep working on it.
In the words of the paddy man - "Rice one dude!"

Hey Ray...I'm in your camp on the song title...a bit too close for my liking...I did go for a trebly Rik sound on the bass...I agree a bit over the top...phattened it up a bit in the new mix...thinking about adding some keys to this...but kinda like it as is...will see....peas and rice 2 u 2!:D

wow, I missed this one. Nice listen. Very cool bass sound. Probably not what you want to hear but I think there's too much whoomp to the BD, it gets into my brain.

(I also wouldn't change the pan of the guitars in the intro. There, said it).

And that's the third time I've laughed at "lil pedro and the seed pickers".

Cool! I haven't heard anything like this before - very original. Every instrument seemed to be recorded with a sound that I would hate if it were in just another song, but not here - it all grind-ed together into a pleasing pulp. :cool:
(btw- bring back the scary Obama fish, the frogs just aren't queepy enough)

:D

wow, I missed this one. Nice listen. Very cool bass sound. Probably not what you want to hear but I think there's too much whoomp to the BD, it gets into my brain.

(I also wouldn't change the pan of the guitars in the intro. There, said it).

And that's the third time I've laughed at "lil pedro and the seed pickers".

Thanks...I'm pretty happy with the bass guitar tone, I did go to the extreme with the kick....was making my side view mirrors shake in my car so I guess I may have to back it down a touch:p:o..The panning is actually not as extreme as I want it...for some reason guitar is still leaking to the non panned side??
Thanks for listening and your comments!

Cool! I haven't heard anything like this before - very original. Every instrument seemed to be recorded with a sound that I would hate if it were in just another song, but not here - it all grind-ed together into a pleasing pulp. :cool:
(btw- bring back the scary Obama fish, the frogs just aren't queepy enough)

:D

Ha, thanks man! I can dig the pleasing pulp lablel! I will have to dig out that obama fish and out it back up :D
Thanks for listening!

You'll hate me but I think you took too much top away from the bass or put too much botom is - I liked the toppy rick edge you had , just wanted a little posterior !
This is VERY cool - some parts remind me of other bands but as a whole thing it's YOURS.
Most enjoyable - I felt like gobbing!

I totally enjoyed this, great work. The second mix is better. Hey was Marc Bolen T-Rex ? Havent heard that name in a while.

Back