2 songs from upcoming album

Only to find......

- very clean sound on the acoustic guitar. It sounds a bit distant compared to the very close up vocals. But it fits when the vocals are going so I would maybe pull them up front in the intro only......

- nice vocals and harmonies. The doubling in a bit off in some spots, but I'm not sure if that's an effect you're going for......I'd prefer them tighter.....cause they're really nice and thick when they double exactly....

- good songwriting, it reminds me of Simon and Garfunkle, or Beatles acoustic stuff.

:) :D :) :D :)

yeah the vocals definitely sound pretty close compared to the guitar. it was even worse on a couple of past attempts but i adjusted it the best i could to the point where i think it kind of adds an original touch.

I think you did a great job. Good acoustic tone...but if I were forced to make a suggestion, I would say that it sounds a little boxy..

Nah, I take that back.

Your vocals do sound good. Stellar harmonies.

Maybe a dynamic change? Other than that...right on with this one man.

"Boxy" That is a good description of that guitar sound on Only to find. Whereas the vocals are lush. So while this is a great tune, for me, the lush vox don't quite fit with the boxy guitars. It could be worth experimenting with different FX levels to try and balance the two. Both lush; both lo-fi. Either could work, and be an improvement.

Or you could just keep it as is. Coz it is a nice song.

Thanks for the listen
aspiring

Back