2 Rolling Stones covers.....

She's a Rainbow.
Cool stuff RAMI. the slide may be just a tad loud for my taste but that's taste.
The piano stuff works really well - clever fellow.
The new things you've taken on & incorporated in the last couple of years demonstrate that your brain is alive & well & living in music.
I can remember you posting MMotel some time back - the addition of piano really adds to it and supports your voice wonderfully.

She's a Rainbow.
Cool stuff RAMI. the slide may be just a tad loud for my taste but that's taste.
The piano stuff works really well - clever fellow.
The new things you've taken on & incorporated in the last couple of years demonstrate that your brain is alive & well & living in music.
I can remember you posting MMotel some time back - the addition of piano really adds to it and supports your voice wonderfully.

Thanx a lot Ray. Yes, Motel was ok with guitar, but I'm really having fun forcing myself to improve on piano. Nothing like new challenges for an old dog. :D

Rami - not really familiar with your stuff but these two are excellent. Simply from a listening perspective, I enjoyed both. I don't know that/if you were trying to capture each song exactly like it was originally recorded or not, but regardless both are good as they stand. The performance, mix, and energy in each are good. I'm going to listen again I enjoyed each one so much. Well done.

Rami - not really familiar with your stuff but these two are excellent. Simply from a listening perspective, I enjoyed both. I don't know that/if you were trying to capture each song exactly like it was originally recorded or not, but regardless both are good as they stand. The performance, mix, and energy in each are good. I'm going to listen again I enjoyed each one so much. Well done.
Thanx a lot, fire. :cool:

It's hard to describe what I like to do with covers. I try to stay as close to the original as possible, while giving them a more modern sound, if that makes sense. I don't really like changing a cover to the point that it becomes "my version". But I do like to give them things like stronger drums and other things that you might hear on modern recordings that lack a bit on older recordings.

Thanx for the listen and comments.

Saw the name "RAMI" for the first time in a long time and just had to say hello. I'll listen to your songs when my phone charges a little past the 4% it's at now. Though I know pretty much what to expect quality-wise.

Saw the name "RAMI" for the first time in a long time and just had to say hello. I'll listen to your songs when my phone charges a little past the 4% it's at now. Though I know pretty much what to expect quality-wise.

Thanx a lot, Not.

I actually thought this thread was dead. I posted an original a little lower down the page, that isn't getting any attention. Maybe it's just that awesome, or maybe it's just that horrible. :eek:

Last edited:
Rami! Have you been away? Not seen you around for a while.

I remember your cover of She's a Rainbow really well (I hear it in my head sometimes when I'm walking around). I think I liked the guitar more than the piano, but it still sounds great. Did you mic a real piano or is it a VSTi? You got a good capture of the strings sound if you did it yourself!

Rami! Have you been away? Not seen you around for a while.

I remember your cover of She's a Rainbow really well (I hear it in my head sometimes when I'm walking around). I think I liked the guitar more than the piano, but it still sounds great. Did you mic a real piano or is it a VSTi? You got a good capture of the strings sound if you did it yourself!
Hey Johny. Yeah, I hadn't been around for a couple of months.

I liked the guitar version, too, just becasue I thought it was a cool thing to do. But I also enjoyed playing the piano on this, to get it more like the original.

Those strings you're talking about (that everyone else hates :D ), are as close as I can get to what they're doing on the original. I did it by layering 4 tracks of slide guitar.

Thanx a lot, Johny.

I had a re listen after stumbling onto Rami's website. There was some mention of the piano sounding too "perfect". Maybe, then maybe not.:D I guess you could say everything sounds too "perfect".

I find everything to be very defined and crisp. It is after all a "modern" remake of a classic song.

Too often when someone does a cover, people are expecting a clone of the original. While being able to accurately replicate a song is quite a skill, especially because most don't have access to the rooms, equipment, and the talent utilized in the original, it seems to just be an exercise in duplicity, maybe even musical ego masturbation.

I think the key to a good cover is to do your own take on the tune while paying homage to the original artist.

Years ago there was an album with lots of great artists in their own right doing a tribute to Jimi hendrix.

I can't find the whole thing, but came across this band called Belly. they made the song "experienced" totally their own and yet kept the spirit of the song intact. I like it, and I like the whole album and I am a diehard Jimi Fan.
Belly - Are You Experienced - YouTube

Anyway, enough music philosophy ramblings. :D
Rami's version is fresh, recorded well, and retains the vibe of the original, and I liked it.

I'll be expecting my public relations check in the mail any day now.:laughings:

Last edited:
^^^^^Yeah. Want to be my manager? :D

Man, this thread was dead. You already posted in it a few pages and weeks ago.

Thanx RFR. :cool:

These are really cool covers Rami. I think everything sounds fine. You really have the Jagger vocal down man! The tone, the accent, everything. I don't see how one could do a better stones cover than you have done on these 2 songs

Back