10 minute, 4 song, mostly acoustic EP mix feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedgotsoul

Hello all!

This is my first post on here and I think it's great that something like this exists. I just finished up a mix of some simple tunes. Any constructive feedback welcomed!

Check it out here: soundcloud.com/teddypresberg/sets/when-you-smile/s-1EPVh

Thanks,

Teddy

Track 1.....Nice composition. You are abusing the left channel though. What? No love for the right? I would have liked to hear the guitar spread over the stereo field. When the organ first comes in it's a bit distracting but it falls into place after the ears get used to it. I noticed a few minor timing issues. Overall good sound though.

Track 2.....Same as track 1 except the keyboard sound is even more distracting. It doesn't sit well. Maybe could have chosen another sound. Didn't like this one as much.

Track 3.....Still keeping the guitars panned more left. why? This has the best overall mix with the organ though and it sits much better in the mix than the previous two.

Track 4.....Continued left monitor abuse. Makes me wonder if you are compensating for a bad left speaker on your setup or if it was intentional. Can't go wrong with a piano though. Pianos work with just about anything.

Conclusion. Tracks 3 and 4 are the best all around mix. Tracks 1 and 3 are the most interesting. Overall not a bad job. I just would have liked a more balanced stereo image.

Welcome to the forums, BTW.

Last edited:
thanks weeklyhouse! the bass is upright and was recorded and performed by one of the best players here in saint louis. however, all four tracks had different sounds to them. two of them had distracting noise/hum that i had to remove... but messing with that enabled me to go in different directions. thanks for listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back