Yamaha O2R Mixing Query

Watee-Said

I'm a newbie - but not to recording. I have acquired an O2r Desk and am running Digital Performer 7. My O2R desk has two Adats ( in Slot 1 and 2) and a TC Unity card in Slot 3.

I have created my basic stereo mix on Digital Performer. To create my final mix, I want to bring the basic stereo mix back into the desk, and then route it via my Finaliser on the TC Unity Card in Slot 3. I then want to capture that stereo mix back in DP as my master mix. However, I can't figure out how to achieve that. Can anyone advise me on how to set up the Digital I/O to achieve this without creating a feedback loop? Great desk though - wish I could afford a current model !

Thanks

I assume you can work out how to get audio in and out of the o2r ok...
You need to set up the routing in two places, in normal digital in/out screen AND on the unity main screen. Choose an aux bus (5-6 should work for you) in the digital i/o page as a send to the unity engine. Then double click the L/R icons for 5-6 stereo output which will change to InsL & InsR to let you insert Engine 1 across the stereo bus. Then go to the TC unity page and choose InsLR as the input to engine 1 (which is the send from the aux bus we just set up) and then you should be able choose RetLR as the return to that bus.
All you have to do then is route it out, either direct from the channel strip or the L/R mix.

Does that help?

Thanks. Having tried to follow your instructions, I realise from looking at the Unity screen, that the Unity Card fitted on my desk does not have the DIO extension. I think that means I can't bus the StLR out?
On page 3/5 in the Digital i/o page I can therefore only choose either the Bus 5 or 6 Bus Out channel OR the InsL InsR St out channel - not both. I have set it up so that the St Out is set to InsL and InsR and that places the finaliser over the stereo out. ( I have the InsR L chosen on my Unity card screen) However, that is where I get stuck - I can't use the extended routing option as my card doesn't have it, and I can't figure out how to get the Finalised Stereo Out back to DP as a result. ( I normally use the two Adat Cards in Slot 1 & 2 to route my audio to DP and I don't think I can route the stereo out back to an adat. Any ideas - have I lost the plot? Appreciate your help - thanks.

Hey did you ever get this sorted? I'm in more or less the same position. Can't to seem to see any logic in the operation of the unity expansion at all.

Back