Yamaha MG12/4

studiodrum

anyone have any experience working with the Yamaha MG12/4, and care to share what they think of it .. . any reviews both pros, and cons would help!

Thanks in advance!

I got this mixer yesterday. All I can say is WOW. It is the best mixer in the price range. The preamps are very clean and transparent. The EQ is smooth. It is very user friendly. I hvae NO complaints baout it.

What Burn said - I've had mine 6 months. Also learning to use it is a good basis for moving onto something bigger and more complex - it seems to have everything in miniature.

Absolutely.

The 12/4 has two stereo busses. You can assign each channel strip to either, both, or neither bus. Within each bus you can pan the channel strip to either the left or right channel. There are also a couple of aux outs, and the first 6 channels have inserts.

Then there's 2 Track in, Tape outs, Control room outs, headphone out...

great

I agree. I've got the mg16/4 and I LOVE IT. I just got done tracking drums for my bands new album and I am completely impressed with how good this mixer is. Exceptional for its price range. I definitely recommend it.

i have one and am extremely happy with the sound quality.. my only qualm is the fixed freq mid on the e.q. this is a little limiting to say the least... my only other qualm (hehe) is the single fader for the master buss... but these are pretty tiny issues considering the the mixers overall excellent quality

Back