Yamaha hs80 or hs50

Dax Productions

So it's time for new monitors. I really like the new yamahas, and I'm pretty set on them, but I'm not sure if I should get the 80s or the 50s?

Any thoughts? I can afford the 80s, so should I just go ahead and get them? What should I be taking into account in my decision?

So it's time for new monitors. I really like the new yamahas, and I'm pretty set on them, but I'm not sure if I should get the 80s or the 50s?

Any thoughts? I can afford the 80s, so should I just go ahead and get them? What should I be taking into account in my decision?
The main thing you should be taking into account is what your ears tell you.

Why is it you like the new Yamahas? Hopefully it's because you actually listened to them and did listening comparisons to others in their price ranges. If that's the case, then you should be able to take it a step further and figure out if the 50s or the 80s fit your ears and your translation needs better.

G.

Yup, listened to both of them in store for quite a bit! I feel that they are the most accurate to my ears in their respective price ranges, not to mention my budget. I'm just wondering if there are any rules of thumb or something like that to help me decide what will be sufficient for my room.

Back