Whats the name of this _ucken vocal software??

eyeslikefire

I CAN SMELL EM!
I know this was here a couple of months ago. I searched to no avail.
What the name of the software that alters vocals to sound robotic? Cher's "Do you believe" has it.

Spinster? Slack? Anyone?

Antares makes a couple sweet vocal programs. The auto tuner can morph your voice all over the place.... even make you sing in tune!

eyeslikefire said:
Thanks guys, so they only have the Orange Vocoder as a VST Plug-in. No DirectX?.... That sucks . :(
Oh, con-trair, Auto tune comes as directX. I use it all the time.

Mistral said:
I think what you mean is "Au Contraire" as in, on the contrary.

:D :D :D Oops! Rat you really screwed up huh?:D :D :D
Be gentle with him. ;)

BTW, I was refering to Orange Vocoder by Prosoniq.
I saw Auto tune web site, looks pretty cool,.. How does it sound Rat?

Mistral said:
I think what you mean is "Au Contraire" as in, on the contrary.
I suppose the intentional misspelling for comic value zoomed over your head. Oh well.:cool:

IIRC, that Cher vocal was run through a Digitech Talker, triggered by MIDI - i.e. the actual notes in the vocal played in realtime by the producer. It's kinda halfway between a vocoder and a pitch-correctiing device.

Yep that is the one butthe same sound is now achieved on a lot of records by Antares Auto-tune.

I wouldnt use it. It has become a cliche on a lot of dance records at the moment. Particularly in pop numbers released in Europe.

yeas, it's a Digitech Talker, and they used a tone from a Nord Rack as the carrier. They also shifted the notes of the carrier, so it gives that bending feel.

They also filter it to get the "telephone" sound, using the filters of a Drawmer DS404 gate, before hitting the vocoder.

There is an article about the making of Believe in SOS, and Mark Taylor, one of the producers, describes this and more in full detail:

Recording Cher's "Believe!"

Oh, and there is this article by Paul White that can be also a good reading. He mentions that song in the article:

Alternative uses of Auto-Tune

Cheers, Andrés

Back