What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
I upgraded to Event PS8's last year. The low end is way tighter than it was on my tannoy PBM 6.5's

I don't know how this showed up on my "new postings" page when the last post is from 2014, but what the hell, I'll play.

Ns10s (2 sets. Yeah, I like them)
Yamaha Ns 344s (great)
Eguator D5s (real nice)
Alesis point 7 (kind of crappy, but not bad)
Alesis monitor Twos (good for bottom end and tracking loud)
a set of 80s Boston acoustics. (Excellent speakers that I use as a sub for the yamaha ns10s)
Runng a Bryston 3b power amp, a Bryston 2b, an older 100 watt Hafler amp
I got a switching box where I can combine different speakers with the different amps.

Good times.

Whenever someone votes in a poll it pushes the thread back up to the top.

Ah, I didn't know that.

Some hate speaker threads, but I like em.
It was a fun read for me. In case you couldn't tell from my post, I like speakers :D

I don't have much to compare them to. I had BX5's before that. The Yamaha's have a truer response as far as I can tell. I put my mix on other sound systems and there are fewer go-back corrections. Then again I am getting better at this and my room has improved as well. So there is my unscientific/limited opinion.

Surprised to not see more folks using the Focal Alpha 65's or 80's, only because I read good things, and replaced my Alesis M1's (hated em) with the Focal 80's. While being a huge upgrade from the M1's, I still have to reference against my B&W's (in a separate room) to actually hear the details in the music. So I can get in the ballpark with the Focal's, but the low end bass is not very true, and overall don't have the clarity to act as a real reference monitor. Anyway, that's my experience which is VERY limited.

Monitor Audio BX8's, got a pair for $150 in a sale. Need an additional different set though, they're a little lacking in the mids for me. But between those, some headphones and a grot box of serious epicness, I get fairly decent results.

Only just realised that I hadn't voted in this one (or at least it let me vote "Other" again).

I use an ancient pair of Rogers Studio 1 speakers that I've been using, one way or another, since 1983. They spent 8 years as control room monitors at the place I worked and when we moved to a new building (and had to move with literally no down time so very few items were re-used) they foolishly put me in charge of selling the old stuff so I got an, er, rather good deal in 1991.

Just for the sake of saying something, if I needed something smaller and had lots of money my choice from the poll list would some Genelecs.

Alas, I don't have lot of money but luckily I have plenty of space.

Only just realised that I hadn't voted in this one (or at least it let me vote "Other" again).

I use an ancient pair of Rogers Studio 1 speakers that I've been using, one way or another, since 1983. They spent 8 years as control room monitors at the place I worked and when we moved to a new building (and had to move with literally no down time so very few items were re-used) they foolishly put me in charge of selling the old stuff so I got an, er, rather good deal in 1991.

Just for the sake of saying something, if I needed something smaller and had lots of money my choice from the poll list would some Genelecs.

Alas, I don't have lot of money but luckily I have plenty of space.

Those Rogers look to be enjoyable monitors

They are. It's obviously helped by the fact that I know their sound so well but, for me, they combine a neutral analytical sound so I can hear details in my mixes with what's a really pleasant sound just to listen to.

Back