What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
No, but seriously.
I've got KRK Rokit 6's. Had for about a month or two. Waiting to treat my room and REALLY get to know them for some months. You know? Build up our relationship.
Then I'll have to break the news that our relationship will not be monogamous. It will be polygamous, and I will begin courting other speakers. Then they will have to accept some sort of 8" sister monitors into our family.
sister-monitors-logo.jpg

I actually use normal speakers (for now) since I can't afford monitors. I've managed to sort of, understand their sound over the years, so I have a good sense of what will sound good on it, what the right about of bass should sound like, y'know? Hoping to get some KRK's, though. But I've always been eyeing some Yamaha's and M-Audio's.

My first post! :)

I use a pair of Adam P11A's.

They're a little bit bass shy, but other than that are really good reference monitors.

I've also got a pair of Spirit absolute Zero's, but they've not been used for a few years and are currently packed away in their original boxes.

I try to use the worst monitors I can find and put in a professional sounding CD. I like computer speakers from like a garage sale or thrift store. Now as far as professional monitors, I use Yamaha NS 10's. Remember the best mixers on the planet still use Radio Shack Sub woofers and NS10 Speakers. They don't sound pleasant to the ears, this is why Bose is in business. If it sounds good on crap it will sound great on everything else. "My philosophy"

Seems I have already contributed to this poll years ago - I probably had Behringer or KRK monitors at the time.
Now using Adam S3X-h and will never go back to anything less transparent.

...given the Adams are $8,000 a pair down here in Aus I'll never be able to afford anything else ever again anyway!

Dags

Last edited:
I currently use a pair of Alesis M1 MkIIs, which came at the irresistible price of £0 off my dad, barely used. They sound pretty good to my noob ears. I also use a crappy £10 pair of Logitech 2.0 computer speakers for perspective. Thinking of getting an Avantone Mixcube (that's right, I've been reading Mike Senior's book), but still debating that one with myself.

Seems, that I have voted for Yamaha since I used HS50m's. However some time ago switched to Genelec 8030asm's.

Back