What is causing this horrible feedback on my Bose speakers?

WinstonCowboy

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is where to ask this but here goes. I just received a pair of Bose Mediamate speakers for my laptop. They are computer speakers. Well, I hooked them up to my soundcard and then plugged them into the wall...and everything was going smoothly for about 2 hrs....and then I started getting this intermittent feedback noise...it started to get worse and worse, so I unplugged them from my soundcard....but the noise didn't stop....(I was like, "These fuckers are alive! The robots are coming, Mama!") So I yanked the damn AC adapter from the wall and the feedback subsided.

I called Bose technical support, and the guy said he has never heard of this before. He mentioned something about the shielding on the speakers might be damaged.

Anyway, I took the speaker that the AC adapter goes into...and plugged it into a different outlet in my living room. I put my ear up to the speaker and could hear the constant drone of feedback.

I am returning the speakers for a new pair....but I would really like to know what the hell is going on here. I don't want this to happen again.

TO NOTE: I wasn't trying to record anything....I don't have a mic hooked up to my computer or built into my computer. And besides...it continued the feedback noise after I unhooked it from my computer.

And, the speakers never moved from the time they were working til when the started fucking up. I was just sitting at my computer...when all the sudden this horrible feedback started blaring over my music.

Any info would be much appreciated!

WINSTON

Could be why people say BOSE stands for Better Off Somewhere Else. What's happened to their revolutionary PA system? Seems to have gone very quiet.

Back