waves rcomp mono & waves rcomp

djclueveli

what is the difference between waves plugins that say mono such as waves pareq mono and waves rcomp mono and doesnt say mono. should i use the plugins that say mono on mono signals such as vocals and use the ones that dont say mono on stereo signals such as reverb or it doesnt make a difference?

as soon as i put those plugs on a mono signal, it doesnt allow me to pan the signal. i can move the pann but the signal still stays in the middle and im listenin in stereo mode not mono so i dont know why its doing this

Sorry, I misread what you said....I thought you were saying you didn't understand why you CAN pan a mono signal.

The stereo versions are intended to be used on stereo tracks and mono versions are intended to be used on mono tracks.

You should still be able to pan the mono signal by using your mixer's pan control while having the mono version of the plugin inserted on the channel.

as soon as i put a mono pluggin on the channel, the signal stays in the middle tho even tho i use the pan on the mixer but as soon as i i take off the mono plug and put the stereo plug, i pan and i actually hear the pan moving from left to right instead of just stayin in the middle

Maybe because you're adjusting the pan Pre-FX. If you adjust Post-FX it should work. Not sure if your software has this option (it should).

djclueveli said:
as soon as i put a mono pluggin on the channel, the signal stays in the middle tho even tho i use the pan on the mixer but as soon as i i take off the mono plug and put the stereo plug, i pan and i actually hear the pan moving from left to right instead of just stayin in the middle
Are you putting the mono plugin on a mono channel? And like Danny suggested, check to see where you've put that plugin. Make sure it's prefader.

Back