Wavelab: splitting up an audio track

glamslam

Hi all
First of all, forgive me if I've posted this into the wrong forum but I couldn't think where else to put up this message. Here's my problem:
I just got Wavelab and I'm still trying to get my head around it. I've got an hour long mp3 that I want to split up into separate tracks and then burn on to a CD. I know Wavelab is capable of this and I know how to "split" the track up...my question is, how can I get these split up sections into individual files? Is there any way Wavelab can burn the CD and automatically separate the tracks where I put markers?
Thanks in advance!

Im not sure WaveLab will do what you want, I havent played with it too much.....

I would do it with a multitrack program....bring in the track, mark the first section of it, cut and paste it to a new track...cut the next section and paste it to another track...keep going until you have separate tracks for each section and name each track a different filename.....then you can burn them separately......

you know how to put in track start/end markers ? that should do the trick. Haven't done it myself, but your question made me think " why do I not know that ? " so I played around with a file, made some markers, made a new cd program ( file>new>cd pgr ) and loaded the file. The tracks I made was indexed, sooo - I guess it works
bizz

I think is what you want

You highlight the piece of the file you want, then copy it(big blue arrow on top left coner, go to file, hit new, choose your set up (stereo, mono, 44khz, 48) Tthen copy (Big Yellow down arrow)
then save the files as whatever you want to save it as. I hope this helped

well, you can always just select what you want to pull out of the main file...then drag it to the gray "work area", that will create a new wav file. From there you can save as, or do whatever you want with it. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

oh yeah..another neat trick..while your holding onto the selection, press the "control" key..drop it on the workarea..it will become a mono file.

Back