Thread: Used SOUNDCRAFT VS. ALLEN & HEATH

borntoplease is offline Senior Member

Used SOUNDCRAFT VS. ALLEN & HEATH

Sign in to disable this ad
    if anyone has payed attention, ive posted many questions about soundcraft boards. i was almost decided on a soundcraft 6000, but decided it was too much for a first time board. i dont think i want a ghost, i have been using them in my classes, and while they are great, i dont think i like the pres in them. i have read others saying they are less than brilliant too. so. i saw a used allen & heath GS3 for sale. here is the link to the board.
    http://www.soniccircus.com/store/mer...uct_Code=N7974 how would this compare to a soundcraft 6000 or a 600 or even a ghost. it seems like a fair price and talked to a sales man on the phone and he said it is in great condition. it was a trade in and came from a local studio in boston. so. if anyone has any thoughts on the board i would love to hear them...
    thanks

benjamin

Honestly, maybe save for the Soundcraft 6000. I think older A&H's are good, but I'm not so sure about anything made past 1990. I'm not an expert on that GS3--having never used one myself.

I dunno, I tend to purchase stuff that is a little over my needs so I can grow into it.

borntoplease is offline Senior Member
    the 6000 was going to take a lot of wiring (soldering and what not) that i dont know how to do, which means i would have to hire someone to do it for me. the elco connectors are expensive. i just felt like it was going to be money sucker. plus, i dont have the space right now for a 7ft board. dont get me wrong, i do want one, i just dont think i want it now.

Ah, if it needs repairs maybe look elsewhere then.

LemonTree is offline Suck 'em and see!
    that's an insane price for a GS3, used in the UK they go for about 300/$500

I'd have a look on eBay

I managed to STEAL an A&H Saber 24/16/2 from ebay last year for 360. I love the pre's and the EQ is fantastic.

The GS3V has flying faders
    Lemontree Studio
    Not bitter, not twisted!

LemonTree is offline Suck 'em and see!
    Lemontree Studio
    Not bitter, not twisted!

xstatic is offline Been Here, Posted That
    I think the Soundcraft 6000 will sound better. Between the Ghost and the GS3, I think they will sound about the same. They will be different, but I wouldn't really say that one sounds any better than the other.

As far as a GS3v goes, I thought that the "v" versions just added some more midi implementation, but I know they don't come stock with flying faders. I don't think they even come stock with VCA fader automation (which is very different from flying faders).

Thread Information