Use Buses and Parallel compression

k12

using them is THE KEY to get a real proper and heavy mixing.
Of course there's always some improvement to make ^^

this is what my current ableton project looks like :

Can't disagree with that statement enough -- It's a tool, like any other. Most of the best mixes I've ever done have no compression at all. Granted -- With exceptionally "weak" sources, parallel comp can add "that density" that might be missing easier than many other techniques.

And the audio on that video is crushed and pumping so hard that if you're trying to make a case for parallel compression, it's not working.

There are a million ways to skin that cat; though my mixes do have parallel compression eeeeeverywhere. And of course, guys like Michael Brauer have an extremely detailed parallel compression system that they don't mix without. I don't think it's the only way, but I'm completely in love with it ;)

Yeah, blanket statements are, for want of a better word, BULLSHIT. Although, I realise that in itself is a blanket statement so feel free to call bullshit on me.

YMMV.

Cheers :)

Can't disagree with that statement enough -- It's a tool, like any other. Most of the best mixes I've ever done have no compression at all. Granted -- With exceptionally "weak" sources, parallel comp can add "that density" that might be missing easier than many other techniques.

And the audio on that video is crushed and pumping so hard that if you're trying to make a case for parallel compression, it's not working.
Im with John here I use less & less comp these days.... My opinion Parraell comp is over rated..it aint shit but copying & pasting the same shit with a diff sound "maybe".

Im with John here I use less & less comp these days.... My opinion Parraell comp is over rated..it aint shit but copying & pasting the same shit with a diff sound "maybe".

Parallel compression all the time is overkill and counterproductive, but for certain things there is no substitute. Don't "throw the baby out with the bathwater".

Back