Tips & Tricks

Cajmiere

hi...i'm kind of new to this board...i would like to know if someone give me feedback on a song that i recently recorded...this isn't for a song review...i mainly just want to know what could be done better in the mixing stage in order to achieve a better end product...i'm pretty satisfied with how the chorus sounds...but the verse is where i'm kind of thrown off...it doesn't sound as "fat...or wide...or blend as well" as the chorus does...i'm using a very small amount of equipment...i have a Studio Project B1 mic...running to a M-Audio Firewire Solo (used as my soundcard)...and the rest is software...i have a great amount of plugins...yea but if anybody could help...it would be greatly appreciated as to i'm still learning new tricks

What It Is (Click Here)
^^^the song

you might want to post this add in the Mp3 Mixing Clinic. You might get alot more input from there. I would listin to your song, but my computer is slow and i dont have alot of time right now, but i might give a listin later tonight.

I agree, your vocals sound very good to me and the intro does make the listener wait too long to get hooked in.. Get right to your voice.. I have one more suggestion, you might want to try to add a little more "human-ness" , just some slight imperfections to the timing of the keyboard part where it's not so MIDI/machine sounding.. If you're using a sample, make some duplicates and cut the notes apart and move one note here or there just slightly and add them randomly to your track..

oh yeah, add some guitar(just kidding)
again, great voice..

Back