Tannoy Reveal 402/502/802

dpro

Hi

I am looking to buy a couple of studio monitors, and I am considering the Tannoy Reveal series.
The thing is, I am not sure which one would be the best fit for me.

I am mainly making electronical music (EDM stuff), so I was thinking the 802s because of the low end which is important for that genre.
Problem is, my studio is very small - about 2x4 meters - so I am afraid the 802s will flood the room with bass.

What do you think? Should I go with the 802s or with one of the smaller ones?

Thanks!

-d

Hi

I am looking to buy a couple of studio monitors, and I am considering the Tannoy Reveal series.
The thing is, I am not sure which one would be the best fit for me.

I am mainly making electronical music (EDM stuff), so I was thinking the 802s because of the low end which is important for that genre.
Problem is, my studio is very small - about 2x4 meters - so I am afraid the 802s will flood the room with bass.

What do you think? Should I go with the 802s or with one of the smaller ones?

Thanks!

-d

What do you use now to mix with? Have you always done your mixing in that same room? Your music genre does indeed require accurate bass translation but as mjb says.......man that is a small room. Is this a new location for you?

You need an anechoic chamber with a room that small.
Get the 802s and get another room to mix in. (I know it's not as simple as that, but the message is there)

The other option is the 402s with a sub-woofer (and lots of bass trapping).

Thanks guys. I was afraid of that.
Yes, this is a new location and I have not got it set up yet - I wanted to check my options first.
I'm stuck with this room for now, but I hope I can move to a bigger one in the future.

It might be like cursing in a church saying this, but would I actually be better off getting a decent pair of headphones while I'm stuck in this small room?

Back