Superior drummer 2.0 - ezx metalheads preset 02 [turn up studio]

You were kinda draggin' there...can you make it go faster? ;) :D

OK...I know this is Metal where sterile precision and beyond-human speeds are the current flavors...but to me, that track sounds unrealistic.
I mean, the Kick and Snare sounded like a machine gun...just rapid rat-tat-tat-tat throughout...there's no real life, no punch.

Also...it's in the wrong forum. You should have posted in the Drum Forum.

Sounds pretty realistic to me as far as the part itself. I've played with drummers that can do plenty tougher than that with precision. However, take it as you may, but it still sounds like Superior Drummer. The samples are undeniably familiar. If micing up a real(nice) set is undoable, might I suggest hooking triggers up to any old kit and getting more naturally dynamic hit velocities? Humanizing is one thing, but the actual variances make all the difference.

Sounds pretty realistic ...

...but it still sounds like Superior Drummer.

:D

That's what I was saying...it's unrealistic sounding. The uniform rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat of the Kick and Snare just has no life/punch.

Speed-wise...not sure how many BPM that is, but it just sounds like the speed is pushed more than reality would justify.
It's just too hurried sounding for how a live drummer would play it...I think it would sound better a little slower...but that's just me.
I know there's a lot of modern Metal that is quite wound up like that, and guys can play it...so maybe it's just the groove programming in SD that's making it not life-like.

I would like to hear a few drummers comment on the live playability of that track at that speed.

Maybe the samples are not realistic (they sound good to me) but playing like this is kinda the standard for most death or black metal bands. It's not uncommon at all.

Well that kick is not at clicky as the original. Not sure if I'm into that drum tone or not. I wasn't sure if your goal was to get close to the original or not though.

Last edited:
Sounds fine for metal, just not sure it's any better/worse than what I've already setup myself.

Hopped on my drums, I can go that fast. It falls apart after a min or so though, dang these guys have some impressive endurance.

This is what I would consider a more insane challenge:

Shoot even picking that on guitar is pretty crazy (to me at least).

Last edited:
It was only a matter of time before Meshuggah was shoved into the convo on what's realistic to play. Like I said before, it's not unrealistic to be precise. It's beastly.

His tones sound real because they are real... and he uses dynamics that a machine won't automatically do for you. Also, it's ironic that the samples in Superior Drummer were recorded by Haake but they still don't sound as good as when he actually plays them live :laughings:

Steroid joke?

Anyhow, singer is in prison. Tried to hire a guy to kill his wife, massive LOL because he was a "christian."

No, the whole 'scene' they had going on up there was fake. Real men don't parade around advertising their manhood/manliness/badass-hood.

Also, it's ironic that the samples in Superior Drummer were recorded by Haake but they still don't sound as good as when he actually plays them live :laughings:

I almost posted the same thing, but figure I've brought enough negativity to the thread. lol

Haake is a beast, for sure, but there are a lot of other drummers out there that can pull that stuff off. It's impressive as hell and there's nothing like witnessing it live.

With that being said, I need to get a drum set :laughings:

Back