stupid question...where do I find pink noise

ruebarb

I'd like to get a feel for how my room and mics measure up...so I'm wanting to run a pink noise signal - one that's flat across all frequencies - thru my monitors into the mics into a spectrum analyzer.

Where do I find a pink noise generator/sample?

RB

Inter-station static on an FM Radio is a quick way to get pink noise (although it's bandwidth limited to 50hz-15000hz, as opposed to 20-20000...........)

Bruce

Do you have any software?

I guess Sound George 4.5 and so have pink noise generator. SpectraLab is a great tool for that kind of measuring and it has a pink-or-white noise generator also.

Peace

PC

now let me ask yet another stupid question....

As far as I understand it, pink noise isn't flat across all fequencies. It has the same ENERGY across all freq's (not the same thing), whereas white noise is linear, right?

David.:confused:

hey ruebarb,

instead of looking for a Pink Noise Generator, download ETF and it'll do the analysis for you. the demo version is full featured except for the saving, i believe. there's a lot more to this than just viewing Pink noise with a spectrum analyzer (Modes, Early Reflections, Diffusion...). ETF also has a lot of useful info on this subject.

-kp-

Back