Studio one wav files export/save

sparky123

This will probably a little long winded but important. my daughter is recording tracks on her college campus's studio. they use studio one pro and transfer the wave tracks to usb flash drive . she gives it to me (also using studio one ) . plug the usb drive into my mac, open studio one, go to files and all the wave tracks are there, about 32 of them.i create a new song , set up new tracks and drag and drop the the wav tracks one by one. i drag the to the beginning of my new start line. after i,ve got a bunch of tacks in a new song at my house,i hit plat and every thing is all off time. i don't see ant start or end markers or bpm on the files that were sent me . how do i show these college engineers/mixers how to properly send tracks to me via usb flash drive for remixing and have everything line up correctly over here and not trying to guess where this starts or that ends.my daughter thinks i'm doing something wrong.help,she's getting pretty upset.its her songs

They need to export the tracks from the same exact starting point. Sorry to hear of your frustration man. I have been there myself. :(

I am not familiar with Studio One so I can't give specific details. There should be a way to either send the whole project folder or at least export the individual tracks starting at the same spot. I would think they would know how to do this...

They should be able to save everything as a project in Studio One Pro. Are they aware that you're also using Studio One?

The way they will bounce it out for you will depend on what exactly you need - only raw files? inserts included? sends and master bus fx? There are many ways to bounce out tracks - here's a link to something that will help you.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

The easiest way is to select "export stems" in the toolbar up top. That lets you select which tracks you want to export and to select the start and end time of each.

EXPORTING AUDIO STEMS/CHANNELS for Various Reasons:
• Song Export Stems / Channels:
o Any channels including bus or FX channels
o File length equals range selected in export
o Includes all upstream processing (Channels inserts FX, Event FX, Event envelopes, Channels Fader level/pan, Mutes)
o Does NOT include Master channel settings: (Fader level, Inserts)

You can always "bounce" the tracks by highlighting every audio event within that track, right clicking, and selecting "bounce" (though this doesn't include insert fx or other processing). For this action, make sure their "start" and "end" markers are where they need to be. They need to get all their tracks in line one way or another. And as I mentioned, there are a few ways to bounce these out, so it depends on what you need.

if i understand correctly, don't they need to set start/end markers and tempo in protools and then consolidate files so they they begin and end at the time as they would in studio one and yes they know i am using a different daw.

The simplest way to move WAV files from DAW to DAW is to make sure that each track starts recording from 00:00:00:00 on your track timeline. I don't mean that you simply assign that time to some point on the timeline...I mean that each track begins at absolute "0"...from all the way to the left as far as it can....REGARDLESS where your actual audio start for a given track.
IOW...the audio can begin at 30 seconds in and you would have 30 seconds of silence for that track.

That way, when WAV filkes are exported...anyone can take them, drop them into any DAW of choice, and simply push them all far left to the absolute "0" point.

Markers and all that other stuff is workable...but also can make a mess of things if stuff doesn't match with some other DAW.
Using absolute "0" for every track eliminates any of those potential issues.

If you have a lot of punch in tracks...bits-n-pieces...just export each track from absolute "0". You can't miss.

if i understand correctly, don't they need to set start/end markers and tempo in protools and then consolidate files so they they begin and end at the time as they would in studio one and yes they know i am using a different daw.

(Emphasis added)

Uh, okay, I thought you and they were both using Studio One:

This will probably a little long winded but important. my daughter is recording tracks on her college campus's studio. they use studio one pro and transfer the wave tracks to usb flash drive . she gives it to me (also using studio one ) . plug the usb drive into my mac, open studio one, go to files and all the wave tracks are there, about 32 of them.i create a new song , set up new tracks and drag and drop the the wav tracks one by one. i drag the to the beginning of my new start line. after i,ve got a bunch of tacks in a new song at my house,i hit plat and every thing is all off time. i don't see ant start or end markers or bpm on the files that were sent me . how do i show these college engineers/mixers how to properly send tracks to me via usb flash drive for remixing and have everything line up correctly over here and not trying to guess where this starts or that ends.my daughter thinks i'm doing something wrong.help,she's getting pretty upset.its her songs

(Emphasis added)

I'm not familiar with Pro Tools, but I'd think the school should still be able to export the project using wave files in such a way that they can be loaded into a different DAW (be it Studio One, Cubase, Live, or whatever) without everything getting all screwed up. That is to say, I'd be damned surprised if Pro Tools can't do that, and I'd be damned shocked if the teachers at the school don't even know how to use their own tools of choice.

If you are both using the same software, just copy the entire project to your flash drive.

This has to be the simplest solution surely?

Back