Studio One Q

andrushkiwt

Pertaining to Studio One 2, and I know there are a few users here who use it. Can ya help me out? I can't find this anywhere - manual, youtube, etc...

When a track(s) are highlighted, and then an event-line is created, making two separate events, I am sometimes granted the ability to move that event line forward or backward by grabbing the line and moving it in the direction the arrows on either side of the line are directing me. However, I can't figure out how to make BOTH arrows engaged, which would allow me to move the event in either direction... instead, the feature seems to randomly allow this. It typically only lets me move it in one direction, and I then have to move the cursor off the event and back on, at a different angle, to get it to go the other way.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to take a screenshot since "control" makes the cursor into a different symbol - eliminating the symbol we're talking about here. So, if you have Studio One, splice a track so as to create two events. Then, hover your cursor over that event line and you will see a left and right arrow appear, but only one may be usable. I'm asking how I can get both to be usable, so I can simply drag that event line back and forth.

I use this feature constantly while editing vocal tracks. By being able to move that line back and forth, I can get to the empty spaces between vocal passages quicker.

Thanks guys!

It looks like you need to have the mouse pointer near the bottom of the track, then both arrows will be lit up. :)

It looks like you need to have the mouse pointer near the bottom of the track, then both arrows will be lit up. :)

it's working now when i do that. but i swear sometimes it does not let me slide the event line in both directions. i remember spending 15 mins during my last mixing session moving the mouse/cursor onto the track from all angles and it would never allow me both options.

thanks gruff, was hoping you'd reply. i hope this is the final answer and that it keeps working. much appreciated. :thumbs up:

Back