Studio One 4

I'll try here before I dig deeper.

Anyone know how I can make Windows 10 stop asking me to grant permission to Studio One 4 to make changes? Can't open the program without accepting this first.

I have the same problem with a free IDE (integrated development environment or "programmer's editor") that I like to use sometimes.

One suggestion I've seen is to make sure you use "Run As Administrator" when you launch the installation package for the program.

Another suggestion is to make sure you use "Run As Administrator" when you launch the installed program.

Unfortunately, neither of those suggestions worked for me in the case of the IDE.

The issue is probably/presumably caused by some "protected" folder which the program accesses as it starts up, such as to load the user preferences, the list of most recently used files, or something else.

Therefore another suggestion is to figure out which protected folder is causing the problem, then either change the program preferences to use a different folder that isn't protected (if that's even possible), or change the folder permissions so the OS doesn't care that the folder is being accessed by the program (which could be a bad idea if it means other programs or processes can similarly access that folder without warning you and asking for your permission).

The other options are to live with it (yes, it's annoying, but it takes only a second or two to respond to the prompt, and it's only when launching the program), or else disable the User Account Control (which might be tempting but is generally a bad idea).

If you're in WIN have you tried run as administrator? (right click in start menu)? alright - see someone has already suggested Cheers

Something I've just realized it's doing - when you copy a track, there's an automatic bar that appears in front of it (at the very start of said track) that remains there even if your song is playing. This is excellent for pasting that same track without having to realign the track time-wise. Your timeline/bar can be moving along, but you just paste the new track and it's perfectly aligned due to that second timeline bar.

In ver 3, I'd have to copy the track, then move the cursor/timeline to the very start of the passage, paste it, then zoom in and adjust a multitude of times in order to assure it's perfectly time aligned. The new bar that appears immediately after a track is copied makes it so that you simply paste the copied version and it is in perfect time with the original, no matter where your default/main timeline is.

Back