Studio Monitors - 5" vs 8"

Man, that's just gonna make my head explode......probably everyone else's as well, with the exception of the technical legally insane types. :D
Yeah Well, 'off and on I delve into this sort of thing.. I just like to understand stuff.
'Collect it, then it goes in the tool box' :)
This last bout' was just reviving a previous dive.. into 'front / rear ports - mine being rear so..
I think I might have found what might work- I've only poked around a bit so far, but it looks like I can 'zero out side wall, no listener' parameter..
SBIR calculator

Sorry can't help you, man. I just go by what sounds good to my ears and what seems to translate reasonably well to other systems.

Yes, that is about as much as anybody can do. Set the speakers up as best you can with your listening position at as close to Massive's advice on calibration. RUN the calibration regime. Now listen to as much GOOD stuff as you can and learn how it sounds on YOUR monitors in YOUR room.

Boundaries affect EVERYTHING! Acoustic instruments, voices, guitar amps so there is no point in trying to eliminate it in a monitoring situation (the only way would be soffit speakers and an anechoic room!)

Dave.

Back