some goood free parametric EQs ?

swcook0430

hey there,

i'm using ableton live 9 lite. it sucks and doesn't even come with eq 8. the compresser is ok, but i need a strong EQ. any ideas? i tried cool cat or whatever but it didn't transfer to my computer properly. help. thx.

Have you tried ReaPlugs? It is from Reaper, but they have plugin download that will work in Ableton. If you don't mind spending a little money, the Waves bundle Gold, if it is still on sale has a nice set of plug ins I think for about $100, but you get a lot for the money. They work with Ableton as well.

Check out the T-Racks stuff, I have a few EQ's and compressors and I like them. If you keep an eye on IK Multi Media there are often specials that come up for bundles or single plugins, even free stuff.

Alan.

Well LOOK HERE. Free EQ.

Try out Fabfilter's stuff. One of my fav EQs!

FabFilter Pro-Q is a magnificent EQ and my go-to for really surgical work and tone shaping. But the OP asked for a great free EQ parametric plugin. Unfortunately the only free para EQ I've used is the stock one in Studio One, which is truly excellent for being free and native.

BootEQ is a good plugin, but for subtle EQ work, it is pretty rough. Something like Reaper's EQ plug ins for more detailed EQing is what I think he is looking for.

I'll second the ReaPlugs suggestion. They have a free version of their plugins. ReaEQ is included in that package. It's a very good EQ. All of their plugins are good IMO.

REAPER | ReaPlugs

FabFilter Pro-Q is a magnificent EQ and my go-to for really surgical work and tone shaping. But the OP asked for a great free EQ parametric plugin. Unfortunately the only free para EQ I've used is the stock one in Studio One, which is truly excellent for being free and native.

Stocks are great too. It's just that there's something in the interface/workflow in pro-Q that I can't live without it... :)

REAPER | ReaPlugs
OR KVR: ReaEQ by Cockos - EQ VST Plugin for Windows

Another vote for ReaEQ. It's exactly what you are looking for.

View attachment 91905

Thanked your post for this awesome reply & plugin.

I used to use reaper (now a studio one 2 user) and I could not believe that this stock plugin had
such a smooth sound and the interface... awesome!

The only thing that I didn't like on reaper though is it did not have its own audio editor - but you could add your own from audacity.

They might have changed it so far. Great daw

+1 to ReaEQ. ReaComp is pretty awesome too.

Reaper doesn't have a destructive editor built in, but I can't think of too many times where that is really necessary or even desirable any more. You can always render things to new files to get the same kind of functionality. What would you do in an audio editor that you couldn't accomplish in Reaper itself?

hey there,

i'm using ableton live 9 lite. it sucks and doesn't even come with eq 8. the compresser is ok, but i need a strong EQ. any ideas? i tried cool cat or whatever but it didn't transfer to my computer properly. help. thx.
Many new comers to recording will suggest their favorite EQ (not saying you're a new comers, just in general). But you first have to make sure that your song needs an EQ to begin with. You then have to make sure that you have the right EQ for the job, and then you have to know how to use it. It's not about just slapping an EQ on your mix and hoping it helps.

:D

Back