Small monitors.. good buy?

you can't be serious, when you say 'my mixes translate pretty well' after telling us 1/ it's a 3x 3.5 room and 2/ you are using sleeping bags for bass traps...

That's not actually what I told you...
I was trying to point out that treatment isn't the be-all&end-all... I should rephrase perhaps...

My room, isn't as totally dedicated to recording as I'd like... It's also our camping store... Despite this, my mixes translate pretty well.

That's not actually what I told you...
I was trying to point out that treatment isn't the be-all&end-all... I should rephrase perhaps...

My room, isn't as totally dedicated to recording as I'd like... It's also our camping store... Despite this, my mixes translate pretty well.

yes but dont underestimate treathment.. i sold my old speakers to someone with great acoustics.. listend with him.. and was amazed how clear and calm it sounded..

Smaller monitors with less distance in between the chassis lowers the problem of phase problems and sweet spot width for small distances in near field monitoring. I was trying Abacus C5 lately and this is incedible. The suit perfectly for small desks in a 1m distance only.

Back