Setting audio track names/titles/album & Artist name

bkkornaker

www.bryankmusic.com
The weird thing is I use Samplitude (DAW), and I just created a EP Album for a friend of mine. Once i got all the mastered songs in order, i set track markers....adjusted fade in/outs....set the pause time between songs....etc

no problems there.

I then Set each marker and track name, and also created the Album name, Songwriter name, Artist name, etc.

The weird thing is.......when i play the finished CD on my computer, Windows media player says "unknown Artist" and "unknown track"...........but when i play the CD using Winamp player....it reads every thing just fine and Artist info, track names show up.

Anyone know why i works on some players, but not others?

CD-text is a separate issue from Grace note CDDB (CD Data Base).

Even though you have embedded cd text into your master you will still need to do a separate upload of the text info through itunes/gracenote before it will show up on a computer.

Open itunes.
Double click and fill out each field per song
Go to the "Advanced" window
Choose > Submit track names

WMP, iTunes, and most computer media players do not read CD-Text

ok, that makes perfect sense.

So to send this final master CD to a distribution plant to make duplicates/album cover/inserts, etc.......this should be fine then, yes?

ok, that makes perfect sense.

So to send this final master CD to a distribution plant to make duplicates/album cover/inserts, etc.......this should be fine then, yes?

As far as Cd Text goes, Yes.

The correct terminology is "replication plant". If your going to have a glass master made from your supplied pre-master cd and then have it go through a moulding process to have it replicated. This is done "usually" when getting 1000 or more disc made.

Duplication is when the supplied cd image is duplicated onto recordable media.

and a distribution is when a cd is distributed to different media outlets for resale.

I use Samplitude also...and while I do all my work in Sam, I found that when creating MP3 files from my WAV files using Sony's Sound Forge 8 and type in all the text info...it WILL show the names of the tracks, artists name etc...when I play the MP3's on a conputer with Media Player

Not sure if Sam has some quirks with that...but awhile ago I posed that question on the Sam forums, and if I recall...someone said you have do do it a specific way in Sam.
I'll have to dig up that post if I can...it was sometime last year.

Back