Recommended dB levels for each instrument in the mixer before mastering?

Try this site, it'll help you with the dB mixing of each instrument.
h**p://tweakheadz.com/perfect_mix.html The Perfect Mix: with notes on Mastering Audio.

Try this site, it'll help you with the dB mixing of each instrument.
h**p://tweakheadz.com/perfect_mix.html The Perfect Mix: with notes on Mastering Audio.

Thread's nearly a year old, dude.

Individual instrument levels are meaningless by the time you send it off for mastering. There is only one level, and that's the level of the entire mix. Should be about -6 dBFS so the mastering engineer will have enough headroom to do his thing.

Help:/

i need help mixing down my songs like after i rap over the beat on a program what or how do i mix down my voice to how the beat is mixed down? please help me recomend me a good program?

Thread's nearly a year old, dude.

Individual instrument levels are meaningless by the time you send it off for mastering. There is only one level, and that's the level of the entire mix. Should be about -6 dBFS so the mastering engineer will have enough headroom to do his thing.

I'm just getting into this. That's the level I'm shooting for on the Master Fader average around -6 db with peaks at most at -3 db. My individual tracks are around -10 to -12 db and sometimes as low as -15 db. Depends upon what sounds best. Do not compress on teh master fader. Do not widen the stereo field on the master fader. Do not use any harmonic exciters on teh master fader. Leave that for mastering.

Do not widen the stereo field on the master fader. Do not use any harmonic exciters on teh master fader. Leave that for mastering.
I'd suggest leaving those OUT for mastering... I'd try my best to stay away from them during mixing also (and I won't even go there with tracking).

Back