Recommend step up from Auralex Mo-Pads?

dickiefunk

Hi,

I've been having a quick look around and noticed there are various alternatives to the Auralex Mo-Pads by companies such as PrimAcoustic, ISO Acoustics, Ultimate Support and Auralex themselves to name a few. Would any of these products be an improvement over the Mo-Pads?
My monitors are the Neumann KH120a's and I have them placed on my desk shelf next to my computer monitors. I already had them on separate speaker stands but our toddler nearly knocked on of the Neumanns off and if it fell it could have seriously hurt him so this is definitely not an option. They are MUCH safer on the desk so I'm looking for the best product to de-couple them from the desk shelf.

What would you recommend?

The weighed down separate speaker stands would be ideal, but I can see how it might be a hazard. Honestly, every product I've seen like that uses the same materials. I have the MoPads myself and they do their thing just fine. When you crank the monitors, your desk will probably still resonate just barely but it's a noticeable improvement

Google Isoacoustics. The Medium (155) should hold your speakers adequately. I have a pair of 5" KRKs on mine as near field and never a rumble. My mids are on Ultimate Support stands with MoPads (and that's nice too).

Back