Quick Reverb/Bus Processing Question

JohnnyAmato

Should be a pretty easy question, and common sense thinks I already know the answer, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

If you have multiple tracks of something going to a single bus for joined processing, but send from the individual tracks to a reverb, that means the reverb return sound is unprocessed, correct?

Example, say I have 4 synth tracks I send to a single bus to process with overall EQ, tape emulation, etc, but the reverb sends are from the individual tracks because I want different amounts for each, does this mean the reverb returns get none of the processing that the bus has? I would assume that's the case and probably a dumb question, I just want to make sure.

Thanks ahead of time. :)

Correct But you could add the reverb bus to the FX bus.

No!!! Not correct. His reverb return is returning reverb and therefore it is VERY processed.

The dry buss is what's not processed.
The reverb return is processed.
The source tracks are also processed.

Actually, they are correct. The reverb return doesn't get processed by the submix group bus inserts unless it's also routed to the submix bus.

Thanks boulder, that pretty much answers my question. I figured it was obvious, just wanted to make sure.

Gotcha. I understand. Sorry Boulder, I misunderstood his question..

Seems Johnny's questions was if the group bus would receive a signal independently from verb bus if the sends were inserted infront of the group bus.

I thought he was asking ~IF~ the verb bus would still process the sources that were routed there since he used the sends to get them there. In which case it made sense to say 'yes', the verb bus IS processing the source channels with verb. lol.

Apologies again Boulder.... was totally a semantics thing.

Given the complexity of routing etc. plus the variation in terminology, misunderstandings are inevitable. I had to read everything a couple of times to be sure I understood what everyone was saying.

Back