Question about the inserts on my Yamaha mixer

Whoopysnorp

I use a Yamaha MX12/4 mixer, which as the name implies is a 12 channel four buss mixer. It has inserts on the first four channels. At the moment I'm using it with a Delta 66/Omni Studio, so I plug the four groups into the four channels. Pretty simple. However, I'm thinking of adding a Delta 1010 or 1010LT into the mix, and I want to know if I could use the four inserts as direct outs for the first four tracks, and use the group outs for the next eight tracks. There's one problem I could see with this. Each channel has a pair of buttons, one of which sends the signal to groups 1 and 3, and the other sends it to groups 2 and 4 (you use the pan knobs to send it to just one of the group outputs). For my idea to work, I would obviously have to keep the signals from channels one through four out of the groups entirely. If I do this, will any signal come out of the insert at all?

Hey Whoopy, long time no see.

You should be okay. The buss assignments won't affect the inserts. You also have the Auxes to use if you need them.

Back