Pre fader Gain staging execution problem in Logic x

DevD

Watched in a tutorial that it would be good if all input levels from vsts on logic software tracks are keep at -12 on the pre fader .....now after doing that when I am trying to start my mix I am realizing I am not able to increase the volume of instruments much with faders (post fader) ....
1) how to increase the volume of individual tracks without clipping if now I am finding the volume of vst's low ...... if I pull up the fader or vst volume that -12 db funda goes for a toss
2) I am finding it very difficult to get all my tracks around -12 db as is shown in tutorial,although only 4 tracks are shown in the tutorial and seems even after balancing all the 4 tracks the level in pre fader meter shows around -12db , if I have 50 tracks , to mix , either some tracks will have to be pulled too lower than -12 or too higher than -12 , so, what approach should I follow then to control my levels around -12db even while altering volumes or tracks levels ........

On these things that don't make sense, I would prefer to see the "tutorial" before commenting

Ok even if we forget the tutorial , from vst's in all my tracks I am getting almost -12 db , still in the output track if I keep my fader at 0 my level is at 2 to 3 db that is way past 0db and without putting any plugins anywhere .....now what are the ways to get output under 0 db,should I select all the tracks in mixer an pull them down till I get -6 or -10 db in the mix output .... ? or there are any other ways ?

Back