Ozone

larrye

Has anyone checked out the new mastering plugin from iZotope called Ozone. 64 bit and I have heard it is very good?

I bought Ozone as soon as it was launched, and have been working with it since. I am not a professional or even an expert so this is a very subjective opinion! I also own T-racks 24, but there is no comparison!

Ozone is a DirectX plug-in you use from inside your favourite editor. It handles 16 bit and 32 bit (and others?) files transparently and outputs the same bit rate that it reads. The interface gets a bit of getting used to - abit X-file-ish but functional. IMHO the quality of each of the modules (eq, reverb, HF Exciter, compression, stereo imaging and volume maximizer) all work extremely well and give excellent results. All the modules are multi channel and you can adjust the cut-off for the channels, mute channels, bypass or solo modules etc. etc. No doubt the pro's willl identify weaknesses in quality and functionality, but for simple mortals like me it is the bee's knees!

Luck! Mark

Back