Out of tune on laptop speakers?

Rufio90210

Hi,

Im a beginner when it comes to recording, I am using garageband.

I have monitors and a pair of Audio technical m50x headphones which i use for recording. I have a synth lead part which is a little strange and has phaser/pitch effects on it. When this is listened to with my headphones on or through monitors the lead sounds great, in tune and sits really nice with the music. However on laptop speakers (where a lot of people would listen to it) the lead synth actually sounds out of tune and flat!

can anyone advise me on what I can do to get it sounding more like how I hear it in the headphones /monitors on laptop speaker.

Luke

Laptop speakers suck. You'll never get the same sound out of them compared to monitors or headphones.

yes I know it won't sound as good on laptop but it shouldn't sound out of tune! Maybe its a little to experimental a synth part , sounds in tune with headphones / monitors i don't get it.

If I had to take a guess, without knowing what the part sounds like, I would say that it sounds flat normally, but the low end of the synth covers it up when played through monitors/headphones. However with laptop speakers, there's hardly any low end, so the high end "flat part" becomes much more prominent.

Could it be due to it being or heard as a bit more mono on them. I.e, not as wide' more effected' sounding?

Could it be something in the phase/pitch effects used? Try listening with headphones to the track in mono.

If I had to take a guess, without knowing what the part sounds like, I would say that it sounds flat normally, but the low end of the synth covers it up when played through monitors/headphones. However with laptop speakers, there's hardly any low end, so the high end "flat part" becomes much more prominent.

That right there is your answer.

Back