Offering cost-effective mixing and mastering services via Fiverr

Hi percrastinate,
Sorry, we don't allow unapproved advertising on the public forums.
You can put a discreet link in your signature, though.

Welcome to HR. :)

Why a "discreet link" in the sig....why not a shameless, self-promoting bunch of hyperbole?

Do it with feeling...or don't do it at all. :)

$15 to mix a song? If I look at it from an hourly earnings standpoint, this tells me that one couldn't possibly spend more than 1 hour to mix it ($15/hour), which is still untenable it seems to me.

$15 to mix a song? If I look at it from an hourly earnings standpoint, this tells me that one couldn't possibly spend more than 1 hour to mix it ($15/hour), which is still untenable it seems to me.

$15, that means I would have about 11 mins to mix it at my current rate.

Obviously this guy does not have to pay a mortgage, electric, rates, water, insurance, maintenance, equipment, software, the list goes on. It is different if you are working on your own stuff but working on other peoples songs for $15 per song mix?

Alan.

WTF?? I wanna see someone mix a song for $15. LMFAO

c'mon. Where's the link.

Hell, if that dude is any good, I'll hire him to cut, edit, and format my templates all day long for $15. Good god. I can't even pay my assistants to do stuff that cheap. Wow.

It could be that Steenaroo (who is an honorary old fart) might be independently wealthy, and is doing this for fun?

I know the project I am working on I am doing for free, because I love it... it's been a major project, but it's on my own time. Hobby!

Hell, if that dude is any good, I'll hire him to cut, edit, and format my templates all day long for $15. Good god. I can't even pay my assistants to do stuff that cheap. Wow.

Take note of his username (spelling aside)... that might be a hint as to why he is so cheap. :rolleyes:

Holy cow, you are right... that is nuts. "I will professionally mix and master your song in 24 hours", starting at $5.

I've never used fiverr, and that pretty much guarantees I never will. No cred.

Go to Fiver - you'll find people mixing songs, or mastering them, for $5 each!

About the only thing Fiver is good for, IMO...is if you're a new service provider, you can maybe get a bunch of different "clients" under your belt, and then once you've done the work, you can then break off from Fiver, set up your website, etc...and legitimately post those previous Fiver client results as examples of your work.
No different than when small studio guys offer 1st song freebies...etc....because they're just trying to build up their cred.

I think it makes a difference when a potential client goes to your website and sees/hears a whole bunch of previous client examples of your work...VS...you as a new service provider having none, or maybe you've only posted 2-3 in the last year.
People will lean toward the service provider that at least implies a higher level of experience, etc.

That said...these days, every Tom, Dick and Harry who coughed up a few hundred bucks for a copy of Reaper and a handful of plugs is setting up some online "studio"...and claiming to be a producer or engineer...
...then you realize that on the other side of their "software studio" is a bed and a clothes closet, or the laundry room in the basement. :D

...then you realize that on the other side of their "software studio" is a bed and a clothes closet, or the laundry room in the basement. :D

Or spare room in the house surrounded by sleeping bags and other outdoor gear. ;)

Back