Noobie Question: Headphone Sound Verse Monitor/Speaker Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneguy

I recorded a song on my computer and then used Guitar Rig to play with some effects.

I did this editing while listening to headphones and I liked the sound a lot, but then after editing I switched to speakers and decided that I hated the sound! I posted this recording here: YouTube - Home V1- Cover of Jorge Narvaez and Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros

I then switched to the speakers and created this: YouTube - Home V2 - Cover of Jorge Narvaez and Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros .

I like the sound on the speakers on this one, but not as much on the headphones as I did the other one.

Please note, I'm very new to all of this and would appreciate any and all suggestions regarding specifically this issue, but any comments you have on my sound would be greatly appreciated. i.e. I need a voice instructor, guitar teacher, to record in a better way.

For this recording I did it all on one mic in one take. I was originally going to record the guitar and vocals separately but I find I am better able to sing on key and on time while playing the guitar.

In addition, which of these versions do you think is best? Which would you recommend I share with my family/friends (this would be my first recording...). Let me know if you think I should head back to the studio before doing so....

no but probably the wrong forum...

If you want critiques of mixes its best to post them in the MP3 mixing clinic forum, try to give feedback to others while you are waiting on comments as thats the way the place works and realise that not everyone is going to want to listen or comment on every piece posted

Im on my laptop before bed so no listening for me just remember that headphones are mainly for tracking instruments and monitors are used mainly for mixing, where possible its always best to use monitors...and if it sounds better on one but not the other its because you havent mixed it right..

youtube is also not a great site to host music due to its low kbps...try soundcloud or dropbox for hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back