My audio problem..

Anonyme!

So, I know nothing about mixing or anything, and I've run into a problem I can't even explain. It's like the audio vibrates and it sounds terrible. I've tried using a high pass filter on it, which helped alot but it's still not good. Also equalization, but I don't really know enough about it to use it properly. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Last edited:
I'm not sure you can fix that. It sounds like distortion caused by too hot a signal.

Those sharp cut-offs sound like a reversed signal

That's straight-up clipping. Which is surprising to some extent, as I thought SoundCloud had some sort of volume control these days...

That's one of the problems with running the voltage too hot - I couldn't tell you where that happened. Maybe it was recorded too hot. Maybe it was pushed to hard when rendering. Maybe it's my converters on this end.

Headroom. Plenty of it. At every conceivable stage, no exceptions, ever. Especially important with steady-state sources such as that. And not just "not close to clipping" but actual headroom on a ------ Wait a minute -- Here:

Proper Audio Recording Levels | MASSIVE Mastering Blog | The Rants and Ravings of an Audio Mastering Engineer

That's straight-up clipping. Which is surprising to some extent, as I thought SoundCloud had some sort of volume control these days...

That's one of the problems with running the voltage too hot - I couldn't tell you where that happened. Maybe it was recorded too hot. Maybe it was pushed to hard when rendering. Maybe it's my converters on this end.

Headroom. Plenty of it. At every conceivable stage, no exceptions, ever. Especially important with steady-state sources such as that. And not just "not close to clipping" but actual headroom on a ------ Wait a minute -- Here:

Proper Audio Recording Levels | MASSIVE Mastering Blog | The Rants and Ravings of an Audio Mastering Engineer

Thanks, that's very helpful!

Back