(Mp3) Examples of Your Reverb Settings?

Robertt8

Looking for good semi-transparent reverb settings. It seems like every time I use it, it's either so little it's not enough to thicken up the track, or too obvious. I know a stereo reverb will help, but then you kind of loose the feeling that it's coming from the left or right.

I also know that there are no real "answers" to this question. I'm just kind of wondering maybe what settings you guys have used, and if there were any mp3 samples to see how those setting effected the track (or tracks). Or even just some settings so I could try 'em myself and see what happens.

Thanks!

A few tricks are to use the predelay, diffusion and high damping.

Predelay- Delays the signal so the reverb starts later and is probably one of the most important settings. This helps keep the orginal track sound more clear and defined. Set the predelay so that it is working with the tempo of the song. As the song is playing adjust the time until you hear the reverb start on beat at around a 1/4 or 1/8 note after the original sound.

Diffusion- Helps break up the reverb so it is not such a distinct echo. This will help make the reverb more ambient and less obvious.

High Damping or High Cut on EQ - This helps the reverb from over emphasizing the high frequencies that cause too much sibilance or simply clutter up the high end of the mix. You can also do a bit of low cut to keep the reverb from getting too muddy. Most of my reverbs are predominantly in the mid range so they add body and warmth without being too obvious.

Those settings will help just about any small room to large hall reverb be more transparent.

Back