Monitor Headphones

AlinMV

This may have been covered elsewhere, but could not find it: Here's the question. I need some monitor headphones that are as transparent as possible. Mostly need to have accurate low end. From the research I have done, I have narrowed things down to three models in my price range:

1. Sony MDR 7506

2. Audio Technica M40

3. AKG 240M

Any thoughts from those who've used them would be helpful.

Thanks

Albert

just by looking at artilces in magazines and on the internet i ended up getting the sony's... well priced and do for me what i need. now i have never tried the others so its kind of a biased opinion i guess...but i have just alway trusted sony...everything in my house is sony and they dont usually produce junk

Except for speakers... any Sony (home) speaker I've ever heard was a BIG piece of crapola....

Funny how a company can get so many things right, and yet mess other things up SO badly!

Bruce

headphones

I tried a set of the akg on the weekend and was blown away with the sound as transparent heck(i think), well i could hear every thing real well,the musicans could hear themselves exceptionaly well to(or so they told me).But the only way to know is to go and compare and go with the ones that you think are the best,if you think they sound a bit ordinary then chances are that they are just that

Audio Technica gets the nod

FYI

I went and auditioned all three. Actually, I auditioned the Sony v900's which is the next step up from the mdr 7506. I listened and listened and listened, and I could immediately rule out the AKG as being less detailed than the other two -- also very low volume . . .

I then compared the sony with the audio technica, and the sony was both brighter and more detailed in the low end. Therefore, I chose the audio technica, which was the flattest of the three. I thought it was much more accurate than the Sony's which really hyped the low and high end and thus sounded better.

Thanks for your feedback.

Albert

alinmv

thanks for the info...like i said i never tried the others...but i think i will..just by what you described .just to hear the difference...i guess that is what makes us constantly learn about music and im always trying to learn something new..thanks

Back