Mixing same song performed by two artists

fwrunner2017

Hi;
I have found an interest in creating mixes from different renditions of the same song. The purpose is solely for my own personal enjoyment. I do not distribute (or share) my creations.

Most of the time I mix renditions by different artists, but sometimes it's the same artist but slightly different variation.
Some examples are:

CCR & Bryan Adams - Down on the Corner
Beach Boys & David Lee Roth - California Girls
Steve Miller & Carl Franklin - Jungle Love
R.E.M. & Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
R.E.M. & Christie - Yellow River
Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride (same artist, different renditions)

I use Reaper to do this work.
I found several songs that were close enough in tempo and sounded good as a mix, but I seem to have run out of songs to work with.
I used this list: Songfacts - Songs that Were Hits for More Than One Artist, but would like another source. My Google searches have turned up several websites on 'cover' songs, but for the most part, it is difficult to find the right renditions.

Sometimes I'll just go through my music library - my genre is Rock & Pop (any variety) from the 70's through 2000's - pick a song I think may have been 'covered', and search for it on iTunes. I can then listen to a clip from the song and determine whether or not it might work in a mix before purchasing it.

So, what I am looking for is any website where I might find listings of good candidates to work with.

Any ideas?

Thanks

FW

Some ideas off the top of my head

The Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil is covered by Motorhead, Guns n' Roses, Jane's Addiction, Ozzy Osbourne and I'm sure many others.
Many Bob Dylan songs would work for this too. All Along the Watchtower is the first example i can think of. Like a Rolling Stone also.
Another good one if you're a Johnny Cash song is his Unearthed album. He covers a ton of famous songs like Neil Young's Heart of Gold.

All I can think of for now!

Some ideas off the top of my head

The Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil is covered by Motorhead, Guns n' Roses, Jane's Addiction, Ozzy Osbourne and I'm sure many others.
Many Bob Dylan songs would work for this too. All Along the Watchtower is the first example i can think of. Like a Rolling Stone also.
Another good one if you're a Johnny Cash song is his Unearthed album. He covers a ton of famous songs like Neil Young's Heart of Gold.

All I can think of for now!
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

I have used Wikipedia in the past for other info on songs, such as track listing of an album, etc, but never scrolled down far enough to read the info on cover artists. Wasn't looking for it at the time... But thanks for the tip.
One problem I am finding with most cover performances is that they are nowhere close to beat matching. For what I want to do, I need songs that are within a few BPM. I can make the tempo pretty much anything I want in Reaper, but it will sound terrible if it is changed too much.

Back