Mixing rap vocals with beat

Thanks for the offer marques, but i had someone come over last night and help out. Basically we re-recorded the vocals, panned hard rt, panned the double hard lft, compressed the entire beat, compressed the shit out of the vocals, added the slightest bit of reverb and very short delay on the double and then EQed the beat. With a little wishing and just a touch of magic, this seemed to work out. I dont know if this made a difference but when we re-recorded we let it peak just ever so slightly. So, thanks everyone for the advice and don't worry, i learned from this one. I'll post the audio when it's ready to be heard.

Now about the sampling, yes, i definately agree that if someone takes 4 measures, loops them and then talks about his ill beats....thats just asinine, but if a drum beat is taken and separated out, the drum beat is made from the sounds, a bass line is added, some micellaneous keyboard is added, a vocal sample or two pitched up, or even reversed along with the t-rex from jurassic park and a gong, there is nothing wrong with that. If anything, it can take longer than live instruments and takes a good ear and creativity to put those sounds together. I think we pretty much agree with this, but also, it is the garbage that truly makes the genius shine!!!!!!

so I get a negative rep point for hating rap music....thats not quite fair...I still gave advise.

Lesson learned...don't try to help anyone make music that you don't care for, or you get negative rep points.

You said your beat is stereo but if the beat was made with every element panned in the center it might as well be mono. You can give the beat a stereo feel by messing around with a little left to right delay on certain frequencies but that is about it. But if you got a beat that is just clustered with stuff down the center then you may have a problem getting the vocals to fit. I would just try compressing the hell out of the vocals and dipping out a couple db's on the beat where the vocals sit.
-C

okay...the one serious answer still seemed like a lot of work.

i say listen to your beats and remix them. they are pretty repetitive right?

just start over. all of that splicing and exporting and tweaking will be annoying.

you already know what it will sound like, tempos, and have done it once.

it shouldn't take long at all

hey guys i need help with mixing down my voice (vocals) after i rapped over a mixed down beat i need to no how to mixdown my vocals (voice) please tell me a program i can download. I would be able to restart on the program you have recomended me!?-thrillhotel@gmail.com- please help me:)

hey guys i need help with mixing down my voice (vocals) after i rapped over a mixed down beat i need to no how to mixdown my vocals (voice) please tell me a program i can download. I would be able to restart on the program you have recomended me!?-thrillhotel@gmail.com- please help me:)

Don't spam every thread with the same question. Start a new thread, and people will help you. :)

Back