Mixing piano..

jackjameson_

I cant find any real guidelines about mixing a piano.. its a piano track with vocals.. so i want the piano to be strong.. ive some vocals on it.

can somebody explain me how to start mixing this?

This question is just open ended, how long is a piece of string? You mix it so that it sounds good, but as we don't know the starting point it's hard to give advice. Did you record a good strong piano track? Real piano or electric sampled? If real upright or grand? In a good sounding room? Etc Etc.

:eatpopcorn:

Alan.

i didnt record is myself. i just play on a midi controller. but ive an old piano Uebel und lechtleiter but i cant record it.. i only have the Rode ntk microphone. So i use the piano pluggin.. my EX (-_-) girlfriend bought me the 8dio piano 1929 for my birthday a while back.. i didnt use it much till now because i thought to record a real piano.

So i use the piano pluggin.. my EX (-_-) girlfriend bought me the 8dio piano 1929 for my birthday a while back.. i didnt use it much till now because i thought to record a real piano.
Sounds like you're associating your ex with equipment that you consider inferior to the real thing.....

This question is just open ended, how long is a piece of string?
Still twice as long as half !
can somebody explain me how to start mixing this?
Now that the little league psychology and comedic interludes are over, have you tried any mix attempts yet ? Have you experimented at all ?

If it's just a couple of tracks....piano and vocal...push up the faders and find where they sit will together.

I mean, there's not a lot AFA "mixing decisions" with that. If they were recorded well, they should mix well.

never use real names in songs by the way...always use third person perspectives so no-one knows who you are talking about, mixing piano shouldn't be hard if it's played well enough

... how to start mixing this?

Exactly! Just... start.

What d'ya got to lose?

Work on it 'til it's just like you want it. Then walk away and take your tired ears and brain with you.

Come back in a while and give a fresh listen to your mix.

What's the first thing you hear wrong with it? Now, fix that.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

When you wake one fine morning, listen to your mix and it sounds perfect (no cringe-points) you're finished.

Happy times.

Back