Making Hiphop And Trap Bangers.

Dat_Nigga_Pari

I know this is a bad place to ask for this type of music because every one on here prolly does rock or pop an dont like the type of music...

more of like a lil wayne or 2 chainz type of banger sum accetable to you guys so i can get the help i need...

i just wanna know what would be a good way to mix vocals for a banger? thiers always a fresh way the person sounds on the song other from thier great performance. thiers sumthing more. not reverb or the echos i mean sumthing to really bring it out. make the vocals really shine . I use cubase 5. no waves . i master or i guess finish the song with a multiband compressor, sound enhancer an a maximizer. i wanna be able to make a banger. i can make smooth voiced tracks or sumthing not to crazy banger loud.. heres an example of a chill type of beat i can do.. but guys i really need sum help an ill take any advice given. thanks.

I know this is a bad place to ask for this type of music because every one on here prolly does rock or pop an dont like the type of music...

Yes that.....but also, maybe you should provide some examples of what you have and what you want. There is no "formula" that will fit every mix.

Yea ur right but its so hard to explain what kinda sound im trying to get to. its so complicated. i put up videos on sum artist an how thier sound is an people just say its a doubler or sumthin that dosent really help me at all

I'm going to try not to sound like an ass when I say this but...

If you want people to take the time to give you a good answer, you have to ask a good question. This isn't grammar school, but it's not a text message either.

Try to figure out what you're asking for first. If you're not sure how to explain what you are looking for, then give us an example of a song that has the vocal sound you want. I've been making hiphop for a while, and I've done lots of different mixing and production styles. The type of sound you want dictates what you do on the engineering/production side of things. If you give me an example of the type of sound you want (don't say "banger", post a link of what you think is a banger), I will try to help you get that sound...

Dat_Nigga-
I'm going to try to answer your question. I listened to the track posted here. There seems to be Bass, Drums (although very little) Lead rap vocal and some vocal backing tracks. I see your problem. The lead vocal is a speak/rap poetry style and the backing vocals are ohhs and ahhs. Now I'm going to give you a secret for how to do this but you mustn't tell anyone, because if you also use it in your house parties, you will be a big success and everyone will want to come to your parties too.

The human voice is focused at around 1000 Hz (or 1kHz). Group all the tracks except the lead. Pull up a graphic equalizer on the group and pull out; completely out; all of the 1K. That will make a hole for the vocal without altering the music or its impact. Now your vocal should fit in there nicely. Right now I can hear the backing vocals stepping all over the lead and my guess is you be banging the backing singer and they wanna be in front in the song. Try that trick and see if it doesn't help. Now to your house parties. Take a graphic eq, put it in your stereo sound system chain, and when you invite everyone over pull out that same 1K frequency. Everyone will be able to hear themselves talk and your music will still be pumpin'.

Now here's how to fix your attitude. Quit being a victim. Be proud of what you do. It's too late for your typing and your grammar because high school is a long way back and you paid no attention in class. But look at you. You are making music in a world where ten years ago you would have needed to pay thousands to get the sound you're getting and no one would have known what you were talking about and you would have been frustrated. Thanks to all of us, the equipment is now affordable and you can sit in your bedroom and create your art. Be proud. But if you want respect, you've got to give it. On this site your skin color, how big and intimidating you are, or whether or not you have a gun doesn't mean a thing to us. But we try to help you anyway. OK? Good Luck
NewYorkRod

more of like a lil wayne or 2 chainz type of banger sum accetable to you guys so i can get the help i need...

i just wanna know what would be a good way to mix vocals for a banger? thiers always a fresh way the person sounds on the song other from thier great performance. thiers sumthing more. not reverb or the echos i mean sumthing to really bring it out. make the vocals really shine . I use cubase 5. no waves . i master or i guess finish the song with a multiband compressor, sound enhancer an a maximizer. i wanna be able to make a banger. i can make smooth voiced tracks or sumthing not to crazy banger loud.. heres an example of a chill type of beat i can do.. but guys i really need sum help an ill take any advice given. thanks.

Back