M-Audio Studiophile SP-5B Specs look ok, but...

whipzippy

should I hold out for the JBL LSR25P's which are a couple of bills more? I can't find any info (including a search here) other than the same advertisement pitch for the studiophiles. I have to do mail order becuse I live in a rural area. In other words, I can't really listen in person. I know monitor selection is in subjective category, but I would like to hear any comments as to how close the SP-5B's compare to the JBL's. Especially for the price($300, no tax, no shipping).
Any response is appreciated.
Thanks,
Stan

Yeah, I was interested in the MAudio speakers too but they dont have a +- reference in the frequency response spec which makes me think they are hiding something. Unless they give complete information, AVOID them

I got em..

I got the M-Audio Studiophiles in December when they came out. So far, I'm happy with them. The sound is good, and what I'd consider as "accurate." They are loud as heck, and have a good amount of low end. If you are a home recorder on a budget (who isn't?) they are a good buy.

Thanks, everyone!
That review pretty much confirms what I had suspected. To good to be true. OTOH, the JBL's are getting rave reviews from just about everyone who listens to them. I think I'll be safe ordering the JBL's without listening to them first. If I don't like them, there is always the 30 day guarantee. 8^)
Thanks,
Stan

Back