Losing Volume when burning final CD

axeshredder

Problem: I have a final mix down on Cakewalk of a song, and when im listening to it back everything sounds good and is good and loud. But when i export the song to wave, and then burn the wave file to cd..i lose lots of volume.. i have to crank up a stereo to full and even then its not at the desirable level..
what are the components causing this? my burner ? burning software? cd's? and is there anything i can do to keep the velocity integrity. : )

any help would be DIVINE.
thanks

Just a guess here but take a look at your console view in Cakewalk. The right side faders are your monitor levels. If these are set above 0dB you might think you're mixing down to stereo at a higher level than you really are. I know, I did this recently and couldn't figure out why my stereo mixdown didn't sound anything like what I heard with all (14) tracks playing back. I had so many tracks on screen that I didn't see the monitor faders. They were off screen to the right. Just an idea.

You might want to mention what burner software you're using too.

DD

Im using Ahead Nero Burning Rom

also in the past ive read about compressing the final mix before going to cd in order to somehow get more volume. Is this technique valid?

Back