Looking for someone to mix and master a short cover

stellina91

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I have posted in the right place, but I would like someone to help mix/master a short cover of a song I have recorded. It's only about a minute long and the final production would be posted on social media.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I can send you the Dropbox link. If you like my vocals and think I could help you with a song, that's also an option!

Thank you.

Just FYI...
Posting covers on the web can constitute a copyright infringement, especially if it can be copied/downloaded or used within some revenue environment...like where there are ads on the webpages...etc.

That said...maybe you should post the rough mix you have so people can at least hear the general tracks before they decide to mix/master. :)

Hi Miroslav,

Thanks for your advice. I was not going to credit the song as my own and would provide full credit to the parties involved.

Hi Miroslav,

Thanks for your advice. I was not going to credit the song as my own and would provide full credit to the parties involved.
That's not always enough. You actually do need express written permission in many cases. That's not to say you might not get away with it, but if you get caught, it could be anywhere from just pulled to some sort of legal action that costs you more than you'd ever make off of it.

YouTube tends to just take care of these things, but other sites not so much.

I'll do it for $60 as long as there's no super tight deadline. :)

Following the other comments, in general, it will depend a lot on where you post it. YouTube is probably the easiest because they will throw ads on it and distribute revenue as they see fit, and if they get a C&D they'll pull it so you'll know pretty quickly if you should have picked a different song.

Rather than just audio, and especially if you go on YouTube, you might just create a short slide show - kind of your portfolio, headshots, studio pics (you singing into a mic with headphones on), any program or album credits, live performance, etc., if the intent is to promote you as a singer (my assumption).

OK yeah, but you have to comply with the terms of the license. I know plenty of people with cover songs on SC and even Bandcamp without actual license, and they are at risk.

Seems like there should be a sticky in the Marketing subforum or somewhere about this.

FWIW, I'd go register with SongFile (Harry Fox Agency), do a song search and see whether anything you want to do is in their catalog, i.e., you can do everything through them. Pay the mechanical license for streaming, making sure it cannot be downloaded unless you buy that license too. The license fee is like $.001 per stream, so that doesn't add up that fast; HFA's skim (less than $20 probably) is likely the bigger hit. Then you can sleep soundly, knowing the artist has probably made a buck and nobody's going to sue you.

,,,, HI, lets hear what you have.

Ok, you got the mic, breath, start when ready...

lol,,,

You will get plenty of replies to mix and / or master the song if you post (edit) your main post and supply (share) your link of the song with you singing.

Look forward to it,
Cheers...!!!

Back