Looking for some good headphones to mix on

MatthewH

Hey,

I'm currently having to spend a lot of time away from home (at college) so i'm looking for some headphones i can use in school just to get the basic outline of a mix or mess around with midi within a song

I want them to be generally as quiet as possible to the outside world let very little outside sound in, be of great audio quality (compared to standard headphones) and not cost more than £100

I'd like some cheaper options £30-£70 would be perfect, but ill spend more for lasting quality.

I'd have looked for similar posts but with the possibility of a new product or great deal somewhere i thought i may as well re-post!

Thanks

I'm using sennheiser hd-280 pros. I've used them for a few years and not wanted to replace them. They're about half your budget.

I like how this thread appears in the tab at the top of the page: 'Looking for some good head...'

Yeah I 2nd AKGs, the cheaper models are still great. Really nice balanced and accurate sound.

These threads about 'headphones for mixing' really attract me and I always end finding myself browsing eBay to check the prices of the referred models. But after a little while I always remember that I am already totally sold with the idea that a decent final mix should be done with speakers. Then I close eBay tab and get back to the forum root. LoL!

:D

I always remember that I am already totally sold with the idea that a decent final mix should be done with speakers.

You're absolutely right...no question..

I'm currently having to spend a lot of time away from home (at college) so i'm looking for some headphones i can use in school just to get the basic outline of a mix or mess around with midi within a song

but I've been here before ^^. It's great to have good headphones that'll let you get a lot of work done, with reasonable accuracy, when you can't get to a set of monitors.

For editing, tracking, setting basic levels, rough demos etc, a pair of hd280s or similar will see you alright.

I do a lot of work on headphones late at night but it always gets a serious review on monitors at a later date.

These threads about 'headphones for mixing' really attract me and I always end finding myself browsing eBay to check the prices of the referred models. But after a little while I always remember that I am already totally sold with the idea that a decent final mix should be done with speakers. Then I close eBay tab and get back to the forum root. LoL!

:D

Well duh, but this guy outlined specific reasons that he needs headphones.

haha, thanks for the replies guys. Yeah the headphones are just for general arrangement messing, midi, getting a track in order for mixing etc. Ill be able to mix at home on the night! Thanks for the recommendations ill take a look!

Back