LIMITER question?

FUNKY

Hi pals..

Can you point me a good limiter plug-in which can be used at any of the tracks running thru my mix..

I need it to put down the peak's and to put down the clipping master mixer in Cubase and not to silence the whole mix..

Recommend me few and tell me what setting to use and what frequencies to avoid?

Thanx
FUNKY

Try the Waves L1 Ultramaximizer! It is the best I have found (and I tried them all, and none even came close, which is probably why most mastering houses at least have the L1 available, if not using it extensively).

John Sayers used the L1 in Nuendo on a mix he recently did and I could not hear any limiting (although he was mixing jazz and would have tended to use very little limiting in the style of music, just enough to tame a few dB of peaks probably).

The L1 is probably the most expensive limiter Direct X plug in out there, but you can use it across your whole mix, and on individual tracks (you can use it I believe on as many tracks as you want in your software, but the L1 IS very CPU intensive, which is why it sounds so good....:)), but it worth every penny. The most invisible direct x plug in I have ever heard.

Good luck.

Ed

Struggle for help :)

Thanx Ed for your info..
Think I'm one of those "lucky guys" who have this oportunity to use this plugin..

But.. It seems that I don't know it's use and what settings to make on it..

What settings should I make to get my mix sound like it has no limiter used..What are the basic settings in L1 to have a punchy track with good dynamics?

Also, tell me where he might be used and where to avoid? ( speaking of tracks with drums, instruments, vocals)

P.S. Writing this, cause I have a often problem of a loud master mixer in Cubase, which is clipping..Have a problem to make a loud mix without peaking..:(

Thanx in advance
FUNKY

Back