Limiter on bus

readytowok

I didn't know how to name the topic. :D:D:D Probably something to do with compression.

on the master buss, I added a limiter to +6 decibels. Then moved the level of the track which I need. Sounds like everything I want BUT VERY LOUD. Then I added a limiter and made -6 dB. Eventually got a normal volume and everything sounds tight. But the wave now looks like just minus 6 decibels someone did. Untitled_2.png

I want the same volume and density but the peaks to hit 0 dB. What is the effect of this and all that....

Nice looking waveform...you could plum with it. :D

So I'm trying to understand...first you added a limiter to push everything to +6dB (why oh why? :))...then you added the limiter again, this time to -6dB...?

Well the first pass will brickwall everything...which is your flat-line wave...the second pass will simply lower that flat line waveform by 6 dB.

Start over...undo both, and then be a bit more conservative with the first pass of the limiter.
+6 dB is a bit...well...a lot over the top.

Basically.. if you like the sound of the limited version, then just reduce the level after the limiter. That would be on the limiter's output, or the bus fader.

Back